Our team has been performing residential drain cleaning in Charlotte, NC for more than 25 years, so no clog is too big for us to handle!
Residential Drain Cleaning in Charlotte – If you notice that your sinks or showers aren’t draining correctly, this means there is a clog in the pipe that you need to clear. Hair, pieces of soap, and other bits of debris that come from regular use of the sinks or showers might be able to be cleared by pouring basic household ingredients down the drains, such as vinegar or boiling water. However, larger clogs will often require that you call a professional plumber to bring in snakes and other plumbing equipment to locate and remove the clog. If someone drops something down a drain by accident, this can also cause a large clog.
At South End Plumbing, we offer residential drain cleaning as part of our list of plumbing services in Charlotte, North Carolina. We use natural methods to clean out the drains, so we won’t cause any damage to the pipes while we are removing clogs. Our team has been performing residential drain cleaning for more than 25 years, so no clog is too big for us to handle.
Top Reasons to Avoid Chemicals for Residential Drain Cleaning
At South End Plumbing, we understand wanting to try other remedies for a clogged or slow drain in your Charlotte, North Carolina home before taking the step to call us for residential drain cleaning. While we fully support the use of a plunger or drain auger, also known as a drain snake, we do not recommend that you purchase and use a chemical drain cleaner. Here are the top reasons why you might want to reconsider going that route.
- Poisonous- Chemical drain cleaners are dangerous to your health whether inadvertently swallowed, inhaled, or splashed on your skin or into your eyes.
- Damaging to Pipes- While the drain cleaner is sitting in the pipe working on the clog, it is generating heat, which is damaging to pipes. It can damage PVC pipes and also be the nail in the coffin for older, corroded pipes. In addition, the chemicals are harsh against the glue holding pipes together, so you could easily experience a leak after using chemical drain cleaner.
- Damaging to Rubber- No, you don’t have rubber in the pipes, but you do in the seal around the entrance to the garbage disposal.
- Storage- If you do not use the entire bottle, you’ll need to store it. Any time you store chemicals, you run the risk of an accidental poisoning or other chemical reaction.
- Environment- Chemical drain cleaners are horrible for the environment and can create unexpected reactions anywhere along the waste system. It doesn’t matter if you are on a septic system or the municipal sewer system; calling for residential drain cleaning instead of using a chemical drain cleaner is important for protecting ground water that is so vital to mankind.
If you notice that water or sewage is coming up in a drain, you may have a larger clog than you can handle on your own. Since sewage and contaminated water pose a significant health risk, you should always rely on a qualified plumber to remove the clog and clean up the damage. We can easily perform residential drain cleaning and make sure your home is safe and clean for you and your family.
South End Plumbing offers residential drain cleaning services in Matthews, Charlotte, Concord, Cornelius, Indian Trail, Harrisburg, Huntersville, Kannapolis, Mint Hill, Monroe, Gastonia, Mooresville, Mt. Holly, Pineville, Waxhaw, Weddington, Ballantyne and South Park areas of Charlotte, NC.