Leak detection is a great way to avoid unnecessary damage to your pipes & the foundation of your Charlotte, NC home.
Leak Detection in Charlotte – Here at South End Plumbing, we specialize in a variety of different plumbing services, one of which is leak detection. There are a number of ways to determine if you have some sort of leak on your property, including:
- Saturated Ground – A strong indication of a leak is standing water or saturated ground around your home. If you know your sprinkler system is not leaking, then you may have another type of water leak. If you walk the perimeter of your home and notice standing water, moss, mud, etc. with no clear source, contact a professional immediately.
- Increased Water Bill – A water bill fluctuates with the time of year, but if you notice a dramatic increase in the bill with no known source, you likely have a water leak. This one is a little deceptive as the leak may be coming from many sources in and around your home. A leaking toilet or drain may cause this, as well.
- Changes to Your Flooring – If a leak is bad enough, you will begin to notice changes within your home. There may be hot spots in your flooring when you step in certain areas. Also, your linoleum may bubble and cracks may appear. This is a strong indication that something is wrong.
- Changes in Water Pressure – If the leak is in your main water line, you may notice a loss of water pressure in your home.
- Sound of Running Water –If you can hear water running through your pipes when you know no one is using water, you may be hearing a leak in the piping under your home.
At South End Plumbing, we are experienced in leak detection and resolution, and if you notice any of these indications that you may have a slab leak, give us a call. Remember these indicators that suggest you should call us for leak detection:
- Abnormally high water bills
- You hear water running somewhere in the house even when all faucets or spigots are turned off
- A hot spot on your floor could be a sign that you have a hot water line leak somewhere in the pipes in your foundation or slab
- Cracks in walls or floors or excessive water damage or mold in the carpets
- Pooled water on your lawn may be an indicator of a pipe crack or leak
Depending on the severity of your leak, it may be an invasive and expensive procedure to get it fixed. Leak detection is a great way to avoid unnecessary damage to your pipes and the foundation of your Charlotte, North Carolina home, pinpointing where the leak is without needing to dig up the pipes.
How Can I Tell if There’s a Leak in My Bathroom?
A water leak in your bathroom can quickly lead to extensive damage. If you notice any of the following signs, it’s best to call in a plumber for leak detection as quickly as possible:
- The paint or wallpaper on your bathroom walls has started to peel. Even a small leak can permeate paint and wallpaper and compromise their adhesive qualities.
- Mold or mildew growth continues to show up along non-tiled walls or between the baseboards and flooring in your bathroom.
- The ceiling below your bathroom has a yellow or brown stain on it.
- Your bathroom floor has started to feel spongy and less substantial beneath your feet.
At South End Plumbing, our leak detection services are non-invasive, allowing us to diagnose your problem in a quick, clean, and efficient way. We can then offer you a free estimate on the repairs needed if indeed a leak is detected. We pride ourselves on being a family owned and operated business, fully licensed, bonded, and insured. Contact us today for leak detection services, and we guarantee your 100% satisfaction.
When you have a problem with your sewer line, it can cause serious damage to your home or office. If the sewer line has a clog, it will cause your toilets, sinks, and floor drains to back up, resulting in contaminated water and even raw sewage coming into the property. This is dangerous to your health and can cause significant damage to flooring and drywall, as well as to your personal possessions within the property. Most state sanitation laws require that any carpeting that has been touched by sewer water must be completely replaced, which is an expensive renovation project.
If your plumber doesn’t use video sewer line inspection, he or she won’t be able to find the exact location of the clog within the sewer line. This means that the plumber may have to dig up large portions of the pipe in order to locate the clog, which is a more expensive option. It also causes additional damage to your landscaping, since the plumber has to remove grass or soil to get to the plumbing beneath the ground.
At South End Plumbing, we offer video sewer line inspections to properties in Charlotte, North Carolina. We use a long snake with video equipment, which allows us to get into the pipes without causing any damage to your yard. We can then figure out where and what the clog is, which means we can target and fix the exact problem quickly and efficiently. If you have any signs of sewer pipe backup, give us a call, and we can come out immediately to give you an estimate.
South End Plumbing offers reliable leak detection services in Charlotte, Concord, Cornelius, Indian Trail, Harrisburg, Huntersville, Kannapolis, Matthews, Mint Hill, Monroe, Gastonia, Mooresville, Mt. Holly, Pineville, Waxhaw, Weddington, Ballantyne and South Park areas of Charlotte, NC.